I've spent the past three years trying to convince Jim and the boys to get together for a family portrait. You'd have thought I was asking them to perform appendectomies on themselves without anesthesia! This time, I gave Nolan a 12 hour notice, didn't tell the rest of them till Nolan arrived. Then I had them put on shoes and jackets and we headed out. A short tromp through the snow to get to a lovely stone and wood pergola located nearby and we were ready. From left to right we have Nathan (17), Jim, Me, Jason (14), and Nolan (19).
The boys HATE posing for pictures. I told them before we headed out that it would go faster if they cooperated, smiled, and had a good time. I promised I wouldn't keep them too long, but that depended entirely on their cooperation.
They were silly and laughing and snowball fights were a given. Nolan and Jason tackled each other in the snow while I was getting set up. It was pretty funny.
I was able to get a number of shots of Jim and the boys while trying to get everything set up. My favorite was the Gangsta look. Silly boys! I did try to take a picture of just the boys. But they took off running. I'll have to pin them down for another quick photo shoot between now and Christmas, so I have something to give their mom and grandparents.
P.S. I have no idea why Nolan and Jason insist on wearing shorts in the winter. They keep telling me they're not cold, but then complain that they're cold.
Monday, December 14, 2009
Family Portrait
Posted by 5 Feete at 9:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment