Last Sunday I thought I'd do a little genealogy online and see what I could find on the Rothschild side of the family. I'd been dinking around with Daddy's side for a couple of weeks and not feeling any guidance. That may sound odd, but this is how it works for me. I'm convinced the ancestors guide me where to look. Daddy's side is taken care of for the time being, but mom's side, particularly the Rothschild line, has stumped us for years. So I logged into Ancestry.com and started creating a little family tree. Within just a few hours I had found LOTS of information! I tracked Adolph, Kathinka, Reinhard (aka George), Wilhelmina (aka Minnie), Augusta and Edward (Eddie) from Voehl, Germany in 1866 to St. Louis and Los Angeles in 1930. I found who Minnie and Augusta had married. I know that Minnie moved in with her daughter and son in law after her husband died, so I have their names. And I even found a listing for two of Minnie's grandchildren! They may still be living. Hopefully, I can find them.
This process of digging up the past is exciting and calming at the same time. I know it's important. If it weren't, I wouldn't find a thing. I've found people I know are related but can't say just how yet. I know the synagogue they came from in Voehl. Miraculously, it survived Krystal Nacht, probably because it looks like a farm house.
We currently have 7 generations since Adolph and Kathinka arrived. And still growing. I'm excited to fill in all the pieces!
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Digging Up The Past
Posted by 5 Feete at 11:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment