CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Humiliations Galore

So, this afternoon, we went for a walk: Jim, Nolan, Nathan, Jason, and me. The boys raced ahead or lagged behind, depending on their whims. Jim toted his handy-dandy GPS with him to track our route, our speed, and our distance. The weather was gorgeous and perfect.

Jim kept his pace, no matter what. I got side tracked a few times, looking at the houses that were for sale. That's when the problem started: I couldn't catch up. No matter what I did, he stayed out of reach. I finally got him to slow down (sort of). He walked backwards till I caught up. Then I asked him to wait a minute while I did some stretching, as I was developing a leg cramp. Nope, he kept going.

And then I realized the truth: At not quite 4 weeks post-op, my formerly completely sedentary husband can now out-pace me with ease. This happened sometime in the last two days. I have some catching up to do!

0 comments: