I called Jim this morning around 11:30 as I was on my way up to see him. The rest of his tubes had been removed, including the one in his carotid artery. When I arrived at SICU 20 minutes later, he had been moved to the recovery ward. He has a private room, which is nice, but it's very tiny.
He gets to go for lots of walks up and down the corridors, pushing his wheelchair. He's still on a little bit of oxygen, but he's being weaned off it.
His surgeon rying to came in to see him for a bit this evening and said he's pleased with Jim's progress and that Jim is on track to come home on Monday.
Jim's parents will be back on Saturday afternoon and will stay through Sunday sometime. Marti is making me go out with her and Emi on Saturday night because I need a break. I agree.
I am a bit nervous about Jim coming home. While it's stressful now to have him at the hospital, at least there is a team of professionals taking care of him if anything happens. Once we get home, I'll be it. MEEP! I've already told Jim we're going to take advantage of all the offers of help and ask for people to come sit with him for a few hours each day when I go back to work. He's not excited about that and keeps telling me, somewhat half-heartedly, that he'll be fine on his own.
This blog will likely become less frequent once Jim gets home, and start to diversify into other things, like updates on the boys or the cats or maybe even me!
Friday, October 3, 2008
Moving Day
Posted by 5 Feete at 8:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Elizabeth,
I'm happy to read of Jim's progress and will keep reading the blog. This past week,I've been in FL dealing with my Dad's health so have not checked in lately.
Lindy
Post a Comment